Hi guys. Welcome to 5000 Miles of Hope! 5000 Miles of Hope is pretty simple. It’s one unshod horse and her guide and rider. Morgan mare Roxy and Canadian Chris MacLuckie. We travel solo with no vehicle support. We find our places to stay, and our food and feed – as they come… Our first […]
- DONATIONS $10.00
- THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO SOLO HORSE TRAVEL $8.00
- LA GUIA ESENCIAL PARA VIAJAR SOLO CON TU CABALLO $8.00
- THE EDIBLE GARDENING GUIDEBOOK $6.00
- SADDLING THE SOLO TRAVEL HORSE $3.00
- FEEDING THE ROAD HORSE $3.00
- HOOFCARE FOR THE BAREFOOT TRAVEL HORSE $3.00
- GETTING DOWN THE ROAD BY HORSE $3.00
Author and organic grower Chris MacLuckies’ journey into commercial agri-culture began through a government sponsored, Canadian Organic Growers (COG) endorsed apprenticeship, outside of Hamilton, Ontario.
Since then he has farmed organics commercially, volunteered in Guatemala, ran a gardening business, raised and raced sled dogs, tended his livestock, and ridden his horses. Over the last 20 years he has worked on over a hundred gardens and farms. Chris is a certified TEFL ESL English Teacher and author of several books.
As of September 2017 he is on horseback exploring food, farms and horses across North America.